Harman XXV Room Sensor Connection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristan

Sep 27, 2007
Central MA
I am finally installing my Harman XXV. All the venting is complete and all is left is preparing the stove. The manual for Harman XXV is poorly written. It mentions that I should connect the provided "grey" (its more like black - not grey) 60" sensor. However it does not tell you which slot gets the red wire and which slot gets the black wire. So before guessing and totally screwing this up ... can some one please clue me in as to which way the connection works. if I am standing behind the stove and looking at the two little slots, which one (lef/right) is to recieve the red wire? Thank you so much.

Hi,
I also have the Harman XXV and checked the back of it to see the color of the wires. If you are standing behind the stove
the red wire is on the left, black on right. Hope this helps

How did you realize that this was the case. No where in the manual does it tells you which is which. Thank you for your help.

Thanks GVA, not owning or having worked on one, I wasn't sure. But I haven't heard of a polarized 2 wire thermostat before.

That's correct - it does not matter. The wire is used like a thermostat circuit and is not polarized. I guess the guys in PA just assumed it was obvious. Many manuals are not detailed enough for the DIYer. They probably figure you'll hire an installer. And, as an installer, even I find most manuals are pretty sketchy.

Sean

Good to know it does not matter. We had ours installed by the dealer.
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.