Harman XXV Room Sensor - Maximum Length???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristan

Sep 27, 2007
Central MA
I am looking to extend the meager 5 feet of length of the room sensor that came with the stove. I want the Harman to sense the temp of the hallway at the end of the house. The total length would be approximately 25 feet. Does anyone one out there have any experience with extending the room sensor that long? What kind og wire should I get exactly? Please help. Thank you in advance.

Regular t-stat wire is ok.
BUT you are gonna blast people out of the room the stove is in if you put the sensor that far away...

GVA, I tried that and I would get a 4 blinks, the grey wire has a sensor at the end of it, should you splice to the supplied grey wire?

Yes you want to splice into the room sensing wire (grey wire). Just use the same type of connectors on the t-stat wire to join the two together..

Status
Not open for further replies.