Harman XXV seems to have high draft problem.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn7329

Jan 4, 2011
Southern NH
Hello All, I installed a Harman XXV, horizontal vented with outside airkit because of window locations. I think the stove has a high draft problem, but I do not know what to look for to confirm. Are there any issues with high draft? My settings are 3 feeder and 70 on temp. Room temp knob is H. The flame seems to be crazy big and during start up the flame blackens the glass but only until it gets burning well.

Any thoughts or questions would be appreciated. Thanks ~shawn

my flame was also pretty big, but I think the pics in their advertisements also have big flames. I have black and white markings on my glass-more white than black. NOt sure what that means, but I love the heat it is putting out.

good luck... :)

Harman stoves are meant to have big flames, hench the design of the burn pot. As for the glass it will get a little dusty but should be wiped "ocassionally" I recommend once a day and you do not have to shut the stove off to do this. USE CAUTION.

Eric

In room temp mode, stove set to 70, the stove is going to control the pellet feed which is turn determines flame height, when it calls for more heat the flame will be higher, less heat, less flame.

If max feed rate is set on 3. Room temp or stove temp should be the same... max feed rate 3???

didja remove the disk of insulation in the intake port of the thimble upon installation?

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the feedback. A few follow up answers. Yes, I removed the insulation on the intake port. I am still curious if anyone knows of what types of problems result because of a high draft problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.