Harman XXV Tempature Fluctuatioms

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John62

Dec 26, 2009
CT
I have been burning my XXV for the last 2 seasons. The stove runs great other than the fact that the temperature drops by 4 - 6 degrees below where I have it set (70 - 72 degrees) before it kicks on again. Is this normal? I am wondering if connecting an external thermostat would help the issue. Any advise you can give would be helpful.

John62 said:
I have been burning my XXV for the last 2 seasons. The stove runs great other than the fact that the temperature drops by 4 - 6 degrees below where I have it set (70 - 72 degrees) before it kicks on again. Is this normal? I am wondering if connecting an external thermostat would help the issue. Any advise you can give would be helpful.

where is your room sensing probe, and where are you actually measuring the temperature?

Room sensing probe is coiled up hanging on the back of the stove. I am using the thermostat in my family room (12 feet from the stove) to monitor the fluctuations

John62 said:
Room sensing probe is coiled up hanging on the back of the stove. I am using the thermostat in my family room (12 feet from the stove) to monitor the fluctuations

there you go......your probe isnt far frm the stove, and in a "dead air" area, whereas your thermostat isnt in the same locale....might try a thermometer right where the probe is.....Im thinking it woul dbe more accurate....

Status
Not open for further replies.