Harman xxv vs enviro M55 cast ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ferrondave

Oct 6, 2008
upstate new york
Hello all, I would like to know if any one has any opinions on which stove they think is better.
I've read that the Harman xxv has ignitor issues and the M55 has over heating issues, but have read that there both good stoves, just wondering if anyone knows if the issues have been worked out.

The M55 may overheat if the fuel restriction plate is not installed in the hopper and your stove is not set up properly by a trained tech. Personally I think that the XXV is a better stove, especially in the enamel brown finish! Do not worry about Harman igniters. Enviro has as many control board issues as Harman has igniter issues, each company will deny these to be true.

AFAIK the Enviro issue has been corrected and the control board issue SWM mentioned was with the early boards. Latest revisions are non issues. I also believe the Harman igniter issue is corrected. Any issues with either will be covered under warranty!

Either stove will do the job at hand. I vote for the Enviro due to its ability to eat anything. It will practically burn dirt if you desire!

Thanks for the replies, I was leaning towards the M-55 because it's Multifuel and it also has the HighLow mode, but here is the dilemma, the Enviro dealer around this area ( Oneonta, N.Y. ) is a Mom and Pop operation, where as the Harman dealer only deals in wood stove and pellet stoves and such.
This is not my first rodeo with pellet stoves, currently own a Breckwell Big E, which we brought from our old house, so I do know how to do minor repairs, such as replace motors and such, so my question I guess should be, if I find our the service is not so great from the Enviro dealer, how is the the M-55 as far as making repairs and getting parts for?
Our current house is a 2800 SQ FT ranch,I have the Big E in the basement which is only partially insulated so I don't expect much of that heat to reach the upstairs via the open stair case, so I decided to go with another pellet stove upstairs to heat the whole house, between the 2 stoves thats a 110,000 BTU capability, I think we should be warm =).
Did I mention that our new house is electric heat ARG, which I guess at this point in this area is not much higher than fuel oil, but after burning with pellets the last 3 years I don't want to use either lol.

The m55 is the most bullet proof pellet stove I’ve seen. If you ever did have to work on it it’s easy to reach most of the parts. One thing I really like is the quick igniter it only takes 1 to 3 min to start the thing. I do believe that it runs a bit quieter then the xxv as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.