Harman xxv won't fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CVanDamm

Nov 29, 2015
Tillson, ny
my Harman xxv won't fire. I've owned stove since 2009 we left for 3 days and had a neighbor replenishing pellets . Came home to a cold home. If I run on test mode both combustion and Dist fans run and auger motor feeds pellets into burn pot. When I put on auto , room mode nothing. If I unplug and wait 30 sec combustion blower comes on for 4 sec and then nothing. If I start on manual combustion fan runs but that's all? I have never run up against this issue any ideas?

When is the last time the door gaskets been checked or replaced? Your over due by a couple years IMO. No vacuum will keep the stove from proceeding to ignition cycle.

Ash in the wrong places will cause this, like under the burn pot or in the flue pipe. You didn't mention when the last time it was that the stove got a good cleaning but from past posts here and contributions from pellet stove maintenance techs, a dirty stove is responsible for 70% of problems they encounter.

Might check the port and hose to the vacuum switch. If it blocked the switch won't close. It sounds like a vac issue. If all else fails clean everything from the door to the exhaust cap to rule out a dirty stove or vent. Good luck

Might check the port and hose to the vacuum switch. If it blocked the switch won't close. It sounds like a vac issue. If all else fails clean everything from the door to the exhaust cap to rule out a dirty stove or vent. Good luck
Did a thorough cleaning just before I fired it up in Oct but will do it again and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.