Harman XXV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoerBoelAmari

Oct 24, 2012
New to this stove. Tonight is the first night that I am going to be burning it overnight. It's been going must of the day today. I am coming from a Englander stove so the setup is a bit different.

Is the ash supposed to pile up and fall of the front of the burn pot into the ash pan below? Also, what is the typical flame height people are seeing? My flame seems active, but quite high.

My vent setup is 6", 45*, 12", 3" T to 4", 15' of vertical 4" pipe to termination.

Stove is hooked up to thermostat and is set to manual so it goes to a low flame when it is not calling for heat.

I have the Harman Accentra, basically same set up as XXV. The flame should be pretty high and turn itself up and down. What are all your settings? And yes the ash should pile up and eventually be pushed into the ash pan.

In room temp manuall the flames are high hitting the top of the stove when calling for heat. When the set temp is reached the flames will barely extend out of the burn pot on maintenance burn. I really like room temp manuall in this type of weather cool overnight and warmer during the day temp stays within 1 degree very high tech stove enjoy.

I kept the feed at the 4 setting. Room temp is set high because it is on the thermostat. Blower speed is about halfway.

Oh and yes ash is pushed off of the edge of the burn pot into ash pan when auger pushes new pellets in it pushes ash out

Cool. Just want to make sure it's operating as it should.

Harman XXV:

Sounds like it's going good to me I don't have the xxv I have the accentra insert but both run very similar.i extended my room probe to where my oil furnace t stat is but I don't think I need to hook it up to the t stat

Everything looks just like mine same sounds and everything

Video looks fine to me too. Don't know what pellets you're burning, but some pellets will leave quite the ash dam up front that just never seems to go away. Depending on how OCD you are, you could do what I did all last year and scrape it out twice a day just to keep the burn pot holes clear for a while. No need for me to do that this year - got some softwood-heavy pellets that are burning real clean.

Reactions: Big papa
Exactly what papa said.room temp high flame stove mode witch is what I prefer flame is depending on the setting.vid looks good

Status
Not open for further replies.