Harman XXV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

aqualab

Jan 12, 2009
Upstate NY
I am going to be renovating our house this summer, new flooring, tearing out walls, etc., and have decided to remove the pellet stove and sell it. Going to put the stove on Craigslist I guess, wondering what the going price is for a used XXV these days in the upstate NY area? Stove is in excellent condition mechanically and cosmetically. I will be including the combustable/fresh air intake vent assembly and the hearth as well. Kind of sorry to see it go but it will not fit into the new layout. Thanks

Last edited:
Best bet is to take a look at CL ads and see what is being asked - then figure lower. The more eager you are to sell, the lower the price - especially this time of year. Last spring I bought a 3 year old P43, used one season with no issues at all, for 1k because they HAD to get rid of before they moved. If you can wait until fall, you may be able to get a better price than if you try to sell now.

How old is it? What color/finish is it? I live in upstate NY too and I might have a buyer for ya

Thanks for the replies.
Bought new in the Fall of 2007 or Spring of 2008 - honestly can't remember. Plate states manufactured Aug 2006. Black cast iron model. Provides supplemental heat, propane is our main heat source. Stove is only run when we are at home (wife is not comfortable with it running when we are not at home). Last serviced professionally two years ago - new igniter installed. Standard maintenance performed by me per the manufacturer's recommended frequency. The combustion air vent and the hearth were purchased new and installed in 2012. Stove has been very well maintained and pretty much looks like new. We only burn a ton of pellets a year (if that).

$2500 firm for the stove, combustion air/vent kit, double wall pipe w/end cap and the tile hearth.
00n0n_fP6QALvubwR_600x450.jpg00909_9pY2NjyTHju_600x450.jpg
00F0F_iku0TEJ1XRq_600x450.jpg00M0M_9hym2nbnxTZ_600x450.jpg

Last edited:
Luck with selling.