harman xxv

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can be normal,depends on how long it takes the exhaust probe to cool down,can be shorter when cold out and running an OAK.

I agree, that sounds normal.

As mentioned this scenario is normal. I also think older Harmans take longer to go thru the shut down process or at least I've noticed this between my older PC45 and the time it takes for my Newer P68. Many variables can affect this and from my experience between my two stoves the older models run somewhat slower all around once you adjust inputs, starting ups, shut downs and so forth. At times it can even take my newer P68 some longer times during a shut down. If all systems are operating you are fine.

Last edited:
As mentioned this scenario is normal. I also think older Harmans take longer to got thru the shut down process or at least I've noticed this between my older PC45 and the time it takes for my Newer P68. Many variables can affect this and from my experience between my two stoves the older models run somewhat slower all around once you adjust inputs, starting ups, shut downs and so forth. At times it can even take my newer P68 so longer times during a shut down. If all systems are operating you are fine.
thank you for help

Reactions: bags and Mt Bob
sounds about right to me. A lot of different variables in there. I have an xxv as well. Into my second season so I'm no pro by any means. This is a great forum with lots of great people to help you out.

Reactions: Mt Bob
Status
Not open for further replies.