1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

harmon accentra install and insurance company question

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by buffresources, May 14, 2014.

1. buffresources

buffresources New Member

Loc:
    sw missouri
    I bought a used harmon accentra and the install is Monday. My insurance State Farm has a booklet about stoves with required measurements, etc. BUT it says" unless UL stove manufacturer has other requirements".
    According to my agent this double speak means they will accept the factory's "minimum" requirements as long as they are written down.
    The factory install manual says you must vent 48" from the side open window that opens OR 9" if you install a fresh air vent.
    Since I only have 40" from the window to the corner to use it looks like I will have to have a fresh air vent installed?
    Any thoughts on this?...also what should I expect to pay for fresh air vent?

State Farm around here is very nit picky about any free standing stove...they want to inspect or pics.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. bob bare

bob bare Minister of Fire

Loc:
    park county montana
    You can have the outside air in the same hole in the wall.Check harman flue systems and selkirk.Parts cost more,install the same,and only 1 hole in wall.
  3. buffresources

buffresources New Member

Loc:
    sw missouri
    I saw in the owners/install manual they offered something like that....I will request it from the installers....better check on price first though

Excited about no more cold basement! We bought a quad 1200 insert for the upstairs and were thrilled by the results!