Harmon Accentra or Enviro M55

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BryH

Aug 14, 2012
Hi All, noob to pellet stoves, and in the market for a fireplace insert as this will be in the finished basement. Looked at Quad, Harman and Enviro...very confused... the ash pan on the Quad fire was tiny.. looks like you would have to clean it every day..any recommendations? Is there another brand I should be looking at..?

Welcome to the group. All 3 brands seem to get good reviews around here! I'd start with looking at the dealers in your area and find the one that will take the best care of you. Every stove brand isn't worth dodo, Without a good dealer behind them!
First things first....it's HarmAn!

Harman-hormone, We got the drift. Why are you harman owners so touchy about the spelling? I see you missed the spelling of QuadraFire. Where are the Quad peeps?

Welcome, I have both the Quad Mt. Vernon and the Harman Accentra models. Your right the Quad does have a small ash pan. It does not require emptying daily but at least weekly or twice weekly depending on your burning and settings. I just got my Harman so I can't speak yet for exactly how it's gonna work, but it does seem easier on the operator. The Enviro is also a very good stove, from what I hear it will burn most any pellet. jtakeman will attest to that.

Welcome to the group. All 3 brands seem to get good reviews around here! I'd start with looking at the dealers in your area and find the one that will take the best care of you. Every stove brand isn't worth dodo, Without a good dealer behind them!

Harman-hormone, We got the drift. Why are you harman owners so touchy about the spelling? I see you missed the spelling of QuadraFire. Where are the Quad peeps?

C'mon...let me have my fun.....

Reactions: jtakeman
Never burned a Harmone (lol)

But I have loved both my Enviro's.

The M55 C I have is free standing and is a great stove.

Good Luck,
---Nailer---

Thanks for the valuable feedback.... sorry on the spelling it must be my accent ;em

sorry on the spelling it must be my accent ;em

Well then, it's clear that you need the Accentra :)

Both have good reps around here

Welcome to the forum ! ! !

What is your location? Do you intend on ever burning another fuel down the road??

The Harman is a Cadillac. Burns pellets like no other and has a fantastic heat exchange system..

But the Enviro is a true Multi fuel stove and can/will burn anything and throws heat like crazy too...

Is there a favorite you have in mind? Both of those stoves have Warm and Cold climate operations (On/Off - High/Low | Stove temp/Room temp - Man/Auto). The Harman can accept a T-stat, but takes a small modification. The Enviro is stat driven out of the box (unless you want Manua?).

Welcome to the Forums. Looking forward to some pics of the stove you pick installed :)

I chose accentra insert as my first pellet stove after doing much research. I knew i wasnt going to burn corn or cherry pits or anything else so didnt need a multi & I couldnt find any bad posts about the harman stoves. Besides that who doesnt want the stove thats considered the cadilac of stoves. ;) I ran over 4 tons threw it last year without a single hic-up even letting it go uncleaned for a while just to see how it effected performance. The regular cleaning of the heat exchangers gives a noticeable temp differance out of the stove but the exhaust blower is so strong it will suck the overflowing ashes out of the catch pan. OK i rambled on enough. I love my HARMAN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.