Harmon Accentra owners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyd

Feeling the Heat
Aug 8, 2008
Hughesville Md
I just finished cleaning the stove and noticed the two allen screws holding the decorative grill in place covering the warm air discharge. I remover the grill thinking the rough edges on the castings may be contributing to some extra noise. With it off, it does seam quieter and it seems to be putting out a greater volume of air. Ill run it on and off and see if I notice any performance changes. Give it a try and let me know what you think. One thing is for certain, it doesn't look very good.

Tony you always come up with good ideas and tricks....I think my wife wouldn't like it so much so I can't even experiment.

In the off season one day when your wife is not looking, take a Dremel to all the edges on the back of that grill and smooth everything up. It may help????? That grill is stopping ALOT of air from moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.