Harmon Accentra pellet stove whistling solution

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomtomtg

Oct 15, 2016
Rhode Island
I have found a solution for my stove whistling while feeding pellets. My stove is about 10 yrs old and started whistling towards the end of last season. What I did was empty the hopper and ran it while I listened. It was definitely coming from the auger. I moved the stove in order to get access to the back panels. removing the panels I noticed there is a two hole flange that holds the auger in place. I removed the drive chain so I could spin the auger and listened for the noise. Then I slightly loosened the hold down bolts while spinning the auger until the noise stopped. Seems that you need to have proper tension on those bolts so the auger doesn't cock slightly. Feel free to contact me with any questions.

Tom

Thanks for the heads up and welcome to the forum. I know the Harman whistle has been discussed here before... not sure what cures have been discussed. I'm sure other Harman owners will chime in. Can try a search for past conversations.

Just don't confuse the whistle with the train noise......

Status
Not open for further replies.