Harmon Advance Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Harman Advance that I bought used and I am just getting aquainted with it. When I shut it down, I move the "ROOM TEMP - OFF - STOVE TEMP" switch to OFF......at this point, i would think the feeder auger would cease to feed pellets.......but it doesnt, it slows down the rate at which it feeds pellets to a very very very low feed rate but it doesnt ever seem to stop feeding. Eventually, i just unplug the stove to shut it down. I wonder if my switch is malfunctioning or if this is normal operation (to allow the stove to cool slowly) and I just have to wait for the stove to shut if self down when it is ready to shutdown.

Also, i have heard some people on here talk about cleaning the ignitor for longer life, is there a good way to clean it? Thanks for your help in advance

Homeskillet

It takes a little while to slow down and shut off, its not instantaneous, give it about 20-30 minutes.

My Advance does the same. The auger turns to clear out the auger tube to prevent burn back, when it cools down it will shut off about 30 mins

I think it also depends on how how the stove is when you shut it down... the hotter it is, the longer it will take to cool and shut off completely. During January, my stove takes 40 mins to an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.