Harmon advance vs Enviro Meridian

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pe islander

Dec 28, 2007
PEI, Can.
I've narrowed my search down to these two choices. My house is 1800sq ft, and I'm looking to eliminate using my oil furnace as much as possible! The Harmon is a little bit more expensive but is it worth it? Any thoughts/advice?

I've had a Harman P68 for three years, and haven't used the furnace at all. I'm in Southern Maine, and the house is about 1800 sq ft. The only real gripe with Harman is be sure of your dealer. The factory is hidden behind the dealers and apparently won't talk to the public at all. You need a dealer that is good on service and advice, not just a salesman. When it's 10 below, and the stove quits, you want someone to call and talk to, not a dealer that opens up on weekdays !

I see Harman has been sold. Hopefully they will learn they need better communications. The Englander Stove techs on this Forum can give them good lessons.

But, bottom line, I love the quality of the Harman.

Thanks, I just returned from the show room of another dealer, and I believe I'm sold on the Advance. I was considerring the accentra, but the fan is more distinct on 'high' than the Advance's fan on 'high'. So now, I need to build a Hearth and I'm good to go! Can't wait to have it installed and stop listenning to the oil furnace clicking on while I sit and admire the flame of my new stove!

pe islander said:
Thanks, I just returned from the show room of another dealer, and I believe I'm sold on the Advance. I was considerring the accentra, but the fan is more distinct on 'high' than the Advance's fan on 'high'. So now, I need to build a Hearth and I'm good to go! Can't wait to have it installed and stop listenning to the oil furnace clicking on while I sit and admire the flame of my new stove!

I can feel your excitement! My wife and I are having a pellet stove installed on the 9th of January...I am tiling my kitchen floor and hall as I write this....and while I am at it I am making a hearth for the stove....cant wait! Cant wait to hear the SILENCE of the oil furnace other than hot water :)
Happy Heating!

Status
Not open for further replies.