Harmon Insert Fix

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mick5726

Oct 17, 2008
Galway, NY
The auger in my insert sliced a hole in the tube that feeds the pellets to the burn pot. I talked to my dealer today and he said that the pellets were burning back into the auger and this caused the the tube to expand. Harmon has a fix for this and he will be at my house tomarrow to replace the tube and Harmon has a replacement for the bottom of the burn pot that does'nt have the holes near the auger. Now that is what I call fast service>

Keep us posted. Ask him about the whining auger motor while he's there. Is there a replacement that is totally quiet.

mick5726 said:
The auger in my insert sliced a hole in the tube that feeds the pellets to the burn pot. I talked to my dealer today and he said that the pellets were burning back into the auger and this caused the the tube to expand. Harmon has a fix for this and he will be at my house tomarrow to replace the tube and Harmon has a replacement for the bottom of the burn pot that does'nt have the holes near the auger. Now that is what I call fast service>

How did that happen? Was there a build up in the front of the auger...ie clinker? And I take it you have the old style insert without the corner oles in the back of the burnpot?
Without those holes carbon builds up ...you need to heavy scape it everyday.
Have you also noticed the left side always seems to be colder than the right side of the heat exchanger?
Keep us informed...am really curious about the new burn pot with the holes...

This is a new stove last spring and has the large holes on the top. It would get a large ash dam on the lip of the burn pot. I had to scrape it at least twicw a day and a good cleaning every five days.

Ok, they just left it was a 2hr fix, had to replace the whole feed box and auger. The auger had wore the end off by rubing on the feed tube. The guys said they have had a few of the newer stoves do this. This maybe the auger sweek that some have reported on here in the past.

I wonder if this has something to do with time the stove is at MAX heat output??? I know they can get really hot, and if it had to stay at a high temp for 18 hours or so out of 24, I could see all of the stove getting really hot, as well!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.