Harmon maintenance burn adjustment

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fire451

Nov 27, 2014
ct
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to adjust the height of the maintenance burn on a Harman 52i Accentra?
Maintenance burn on my stove seems to be too high and too hot.
Thanks!

If the ESP is dirty it will feed extra fuel trying to keep the exhaust temp to specs. Clean it and the fire should go down. Yea I know, just the project you wanted to do this morning:)

Reactions: bags
If adjusting draft was not done and that fire down the draft is too high you will have high flame also

Thanks for the replies, always thought the maintenance burn was too high even from being brand new and clean, the stove would just get hotter and hotter making popping sounds, therefore I never used the maintenance burn, the draft has been set by a friend who is an HVAC professional. I was hoping that maybe a variable resistor on the circuit board could be adjusted to bring the flame down low.

On the control board there is a small white adjusting screws for the draft but it's better to do it with a manometer with pressure and make adjustments as recommended in the manufacturer's manual

Harman has a draft fan control that one sets at install. There is no other feed settings other than the main control. Something wrong if the maintenance burn is much higher than four inches or so. If one has a air leak that can cause a lower than normal exhaust temp so the stove will feed more fuel too. I realized that issue after a few years and keeping records of fuel use. Changed the gaskets and tightened up things and fuel use went down.

Status
Not open for further replies.