harmon p38 blower not working

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jc82

Jan 10, 2010
NH
Anyone have any idea why my distribution blower on my p38 isnt working properly? It does come on but only rarely and then for only a minute and the it goes off again The blower spins freely by hand so I know its not jammed with anything. It worked fine untill a couple weeks ago. I took it apart and did a good cleaning including the esp probe. I dont see any broke/loose wires any where. Where should I look next? Thanks

The first thing I`d do is pull the fan leads off the board and hook them directly to a 120v supply. If it runs at what seems to be full speed then you can pretty much rule out a bad fan motor. Other than that I think the fan is controlled by the heat sensor thru the board and maybe a more knowledgeable tech will chime in to help.

jc82,

There is a good chance your potentiometers are shot on the circuit board. If you're any good with a soldering iron there is a guy on eBay that sells them for about $35. They went bad on my P61A and I bought some from him and that solved my distribution blower problem. You can also buy another board if you're not comfortable fixing yours (I did this also to have a spare on hand it cost $208).
Hope this helps.

rex66

Status
Not open for further replies.