Harmon P61: doesnt stop feeding pellets when turned to off position

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tee3

Oct 25, 2016
Ohio
We just moved into a home that has the Harmon P61 pellet stove. When we turn the dial to the off position the fire dies down but doesn't go out because the pellets continue to feed just in much smaller amounts. (Fire in pic is about twenty minutes after it was turned to off position).

We also notice that the status light is blinking twice. Maybe related to why it is still feeding pellets?

We found the manual and now know that unplugging it to turn it off is not a good way to handle it but don't want it constantly burning. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 340
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 277
From the Harman Troubleshooting guide:

Stove in two blink status

Stoves with a feeder position micro switch, check for proper operation of
the combustion blower with the micro-switch. Stoves without a feeder position micro-switch check
run until the ESP probe senses for missing or loose jumper at J2 on the control board.
If you are able to troubleshoot your appliance with this info, go for it. If you are unsure,
others will chime in. Good luck.

Reactions: Tee3
I had same problem. Fixed it with suggestion from another p61 owner.
On the arm in the back that is engaged by the cam wheel when the auger runs are some weights. They should hep lower the arm fully when the cam wheel comes off of the arm. Thus allowing the weighted arm to press on the micro switch just below the weights. I guarantee the arm isn't fully engaging the switch. This also causes the 2 blink fault.
Simply, while stove is cold/off, add some more weight to the arm. I added a couple 1/2" nuts and a longer bolt, other people have just added more washers.
I also sprayed a little high temp dry graphite lube on the pivot point.
Problem solved. e1c3517d9652290daca777a528b2a38f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.