Harmon P61 Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was too excited to see if my stove would burn better and hit up the stove shop after work. $20 and there is such a better burn with it in place. No pellets spilling over the edge and it no lazy flame. As for why it was missing, used stove came with the house when we bought it. There were many things neglected with the poor harman. It was improperly vented and the control board was fried. Fixed those and now it runs like a champ. And it's an old school manual P61. I feel bad for the poor thing knowing it was abused...

So I was too excited to see if my stove would burn better and hit up the stove shop after work. $20 and there is such a better burn with it in place. No pellets spilling over the edge and it no lazy flame. As for why it was missing, used stove came with the house when we bought it. There were many things neglected with the poor harman. It was improperly vented and the control board was fried. Fixed those and now it runs like a champ. And it's an old school manual P61. I feel bad for the poor thing knowing it was abused...
Thats great, good news then all in all !!

Just as an update now that I have been running for a few weeks with it in place. The burnpot stays cleaner longer and I don't get as much ash with the same pellets even though I am running it harder with this recent cold snap. Also, the glass used to be black after burning for one day. Now it has been 4 days since I cleaned the glass and it has a light grey coating of ash. The glass has never stayed clean as long as it does with this peice in place. Not sure why that might be, but I will take it.

Just as an update now that I have been running for a few weeks with it in place. The burnpot stays cleaner longer and I don't get as much ash with the same pellets even though I am running it harder with this recent cold snap. Also, the glass used to be black after burning for one day. Now it has been 4 days since I cleaned the glass and it has a light grey coating of ash. The glass has never stayed clean as long as it does with this peice in place. Not sure why that might be, but I will take it.
More efficient burn . But too with running a stove harder the glass usually does stay cleaner than when stuck in a low burn situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.