Harmon PF 100 Distrubution Blower Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iluvwinter

Jul 28, 2008
Smyrna,Ny Upstate
Great site here long time troller first time poster..I have a harmon pf 100 and am all hooked up and ready for the 1st test fire today.With the furnace in test mode should the distrubution blower be running? Even in auto mode with the thermostat down below room temp the blower is still running.I have read here that the thermostats can be off by 5 deg.If I am correct the blower should only be on when the stove is heated up otherwise ur just blowing cold air into ur house.Any advise is appreciated.Thanks

From the manual:

Turn the Furnace Control to “Test”. this will start the
combustion blower and allow you to check and record the
High Draft ______ - IWC date _______ (There is no
adjustment for the High Draft)
After the first 60 seconds the “Test” mode lowers the
combustion blower voltage to the Low Burn voltage. (The
“Test” mode cycles the voltage from high to low every 60
seconds)

Sorry, cut out the second part....here it is:

page 22
Runs all motors ** at full speed
for one minute to check
operation. After one minute the
furnace will go to minimum
burn and the combustion
blower will alternate from high
to low every minute to remind
you that you are still in "Test
Mode".

The Distribution Blower is not controlled by the “Test”
operation. The Distribution Blower has it’s own Manual Test
Switch on the Fan / High Limit Control cover.
I've seen this same problem with another PF-100. Take a look inside the 4 inch square junction box page 37 in the manual you should see four violet wires make sure one violet from the Fan control is bugged to the violet to the main junction box and the other violet from the fan control is bugged to the distribution switch, it makes no difference which violet wire from the fan control is wired where. not the case in the stove I looked at, all four violet wires were bugged together, thus sending power from the main junction right to the distribution blower. somebody had a bad day at the factory :cheese:

Status
Not open for further replies.