Harmon stove question.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonyd

Feeling the Heat
Aug 8, 2008
Hughesville Md
The metering slide plate on the Harmon Accentra has a step on one side . The very dusty Greenways locked up the slide plate and caused the auger to stop feeding pellets. When I pulled the plate out to clean it, I didn't take notice wether the notch went on top or bottom. I re installed it with it up. Is this correct? Im wondering If I installed it wrong after my seasons cleaning and thats what caused it to lock up. This stove has burned everything up until now. First time I noticed smoke in the hopper.

tonyd said:
The metering slide plate on the Harmon Accentra has a step on one side . The very dusty Greenways locked up the slide plate and caused the auger to stop feeding pellets. When I pulled the plate out to clean it, I didn't take notice wether the notch went on top or bottom. I re installed it with it up. Is this correct? Im wondering If I installed it wrong after my seasons cleaning and thats what caused it to lock up. This stove has burned everything up until now. First time I noticed smoke in the hopper.

the step goeth up, towards the hopper......smoke in the hopper could be another issue altogether (and probably is)....the slide plate locking up is more likely an indicator of the dreaded "gummy stove syndrome".....when you pulled the slide plate, did it have a gummy or sticky residue on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.