Harmon Tl 300 up and running...Thanks!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guts and glory

Jan 3, 2014
Orange county Ny
Just dropping by to say thanks for all the great info, I originally found this forum looking for insight to a wood boiler. I ended up with a wood stove in the living room with a long term goal of an OWB or moving down south...

Pretty lengthy install...I got the stove delivered in January and had it burning just in time for October.
all together I spent just about $100 on the install...reclaimed Marble from a park in the city, baby gate was being thrown out. ( re-fabricated it) Thrifty is an understatement...

Needless to say my house stays a comfy 70 degrees all day...I love it compared to the struggle of 65 burning oil!

Attachments

• wood stove.jpg
    wood stove.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 132
a long term goal of an OWB or moving down south...

Hmmm.... I just realized we need another forum category. We have ones for how to stay warm with wood stoves, to stay warm with pellets, to stay warm with boilers and furnaces... but not one on how to stay warm by moving down south!

You will notice that Harmans throw a lot of heat from the back, since that's where the secondary burn chamber is. If you want to potentially reduce the amount of heat soaked up by the stone and lost to the exterior, you could try what I did: two metal sheets angled to reflect some of the radiant heat away from the stone, back towards the room ( I also have a small fan on the floor, to push cool floor air to the rear of the stove and aid convection).

Congrats and nice install, especially since it was on the cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.