Harmon XXV install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tundraSQ

Oct 7, 2006
This is the stove I put in yesterday. I built the hearth out of bluestone on top of cement board and 3/4 plywood. Right now t he stone over hangs the board and I have not decided how to finish the edge. To me it is fine the way it is. The stove is in the corner of my house and vents out from behind the stove. Of course now the wife wants to repaint and basically redo the whole house...but in the mean time its toasty warm here in this room. (my computer room is where the stove is located)

Attachments

• stove2.jpg
    stove2.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 849
  • stove1.jpg
    stove1.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 845
DonCT said:
That is a nice looking stove!!! You should be able to find some nice trim to finish out the edge ;)

On a side note: I'm going to assume you have the correct clearances, but isn't that window sill alittle close? I don't know what the Harmen pellets require.

But any ways...... enjoy the nice warmth!!!!! :)

the clearance per the manual state's 6.5" from each of the back corners...which I do have. But just looking down at the sill i only have about 5.5"....but i have had the stove cranked all day long and the back and sides are cool to the touch...the only part that gets hot to the touch is really just the top. and really only the front half of the top. That may explain the close clearances compared to maybe other pellet stoves.

Hey Tundra, what size is that pad? I'm getting ready to build my pad for the XXV also. I'm planning to go with 48" square with the corner snipped also.

You did a nice job. I like the quarry stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.