Harmon XXV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

biggins08

Sep 20, 2006
Springfield MA
Is this a worthy stove, or would you pro's recomend another Harman? and why? A friend is planning on buying this model. Thanks.

Hard Woods said:
Is this a worthy stove, or would you pro's recomend another Harman? and why? A friend is planning on buying this model. Thanks.
Depends on what kind of heat (btu's) they want, and like in my case what the wife thought looked best. There's several xxv owners here I'm sure you will hear from them soon they may have done a bit more research on them...... Harman was only 23 years old when I bought mine so this was unavailable. :p

50k btu/hr is a respectable amount, but the largest output is a p68, with 68k btu/hr, possibly less money than the XXV as well. I think the XXV is likely the best-looking and quietest of the line as well, but in my opinion, the stove that has the best value is the P61A, its usually around $200 less than the p68, has the same features, easily as serviceable, and is only 7k btu/hr less than the p68. The units look identical, with the P68 being slightly larger is size.

I installed my XXV last year and was very happy with it. My wife and I liked the looks and the features and the warranty. I went with the top vent kit because I am venting into a regular chimney witch I lined with stainless steel pipe. The stove looks pretty much like the old wood burner that I removed. The only thing that I had a hard time getting use to was the noisy blower. Now I don't even notice it. I use the room temperature feture all of the time and it works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.