Hart and Cooley TD model stove pipe info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdscj8

Feb 19, 2009
Eastern,Nebraska
Last January a few pieces of our pipe was damaged from a tree and windmill coming down. When tring to replace the pieces we found out they quit making the model TD class A and its imposible to find, and the new model TLC class A would not interchange.

Now after 9 months later searching the web and talking to everyone at hart and cooley, i finally talked to one of there tech guys that knew what he was talking about, and that it will interchange.

They have a male end adapter if you want to add to the top of your old model TD pipe with the new TLC model pipe, and if you have to replace a bottom piece or your clean out T then the new TLC model pipe will just snap into the bottom of your TD model pipe and you put some screws in it, slide the locking ring down and your done.

Everyone i talked with tried selling me all new pipe, so i think thats why they said it would not enterchange, but who knows, thats just my view. Just wanted to pass this info on, i know theres alot of people out there using this pipe. JD

Last January a few pieces of our pipe was damaged from a tree and windmill coming down. When tring to replace the pieces we found out they quit making the model TD class A and its imposible to find, and the new model TLC class A would not interchange.

Now after 9 months later searching the web and talking to everyone at hart and cooley, i finally talked to one of there tech guys that knew what he was talking about, and that it will interchange.

They have a male end adapter if you want to add to the top of your old model TD pipe with the new TLC model pipe, and if you have to replace a bottom piece or your clean out T then the new TLC model pipe will just snap into the bottom of your TD model pipe and you put some screws in it, slide the locking ring down and your done.

Everyone i talked with tried selling me all new pipe, so i think thats why they said it would not enterchange, but who knows, thats just my view. Just wanted to pass this info on, i know theres alot of people out there using this pipe. JD

JD- I am retrofitting a model TD chimney and need to replace/add a few pieces. This is great information, but I was wondering- were you successful in actually finding these adapters? I'm having a heck of a time finding a retailer, and don't want to re-enact your 9 month quest unnecessarily. Any more information would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
-Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.