Has anybody here burned Holly !

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malatesta

Dec 1, 2008
Maryland
Well i messed up on a scounge not getting this whole holly tree , lady had it on craigslist for free. I had never burned holly nor had any of my fellow firewood addicts :)

By the time i found some information on Holly and read that its a good wood and burns pretty hot ! I called back and it was GONE ! 8-/

No biggy, ive got lots of connections for wood.

SO has anyone burned holly, OH Ive read you can burn it Green too !

I had almost the same experience. I picked up a load from a guy, and took all his cherry and dogwood. The whole time he kept going on about how great the holly was, that I should take it. I didn't want to give up any room for it. When I looked it up, I wished I'd returned later for the stuff. Live and learn.

I've burned it already and thought that it was pretty good; burned a little fast but had a nice bright, lively flame. The wood was almost white inside.

we have lots of holly trees here in town. I'm sure I could down a couple in the middle of the night and get them home before anyone noticed. I live in Mount Holly you think the town would mind.

Bucking Holly surely has to hurt!
I burned Holly once and she still hasn't forgiven me!

Status
Not open for further replies.