has anyone burned any of these pellets? First pellet furnace and this is what is local and a good p

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmaclaren

Dec 8, 2010
Seacoast, NH
With coupon, I can get these for $188 a ton, have you burned any of these?
Does anyone have info on these?
HD has
Freedom Fuel
Fireside
Green team
Main choice

I am picking up a used PF100 next week.

I have used Freedom Fuel, My Breckwell burns them ok. Just inspect the bags, HD has a bad habit of storing their pellets outside and at times are not covered properly and have gotten wet. They WILL sell them like that.

dmaclaren said:
With coupon, I can get these for $188 a ton, have you burned any of these?
Does anyone have info on these?
HD has
Freedom Fuel
Fireside
Green team
Main choice

I am picking up a used PF100 next week.

I have burned the Freedom Fuel, and the Fireside Ultra's. Neither one is great. The Greene Teams are probably the best of the bunch.

That said, I think it will be best for you to test burn a couple of bags of all of them when you get the stove installed, before you commit to a ton(s) of something only to find your stove doesn't burn them well, regardless of what we say on this forum.....you never know which one will work the best.

Is there ANY other place that might have a good deal on pellets besides HD? Lowes? Tractor Supply? Local lumber yard, landscape place, or <gasp> a stove dealer?

Oh, and BTW, since that stove you're buying is a used unit, take the thing apart as far as your skills allow, and clean it WELL.....usually stoves are for sale because the previous owner had problems (usually lack of maintenance).

Did you see the stove in operation before you bought it?

Thanks,
i did see the unit, it was an older man who had a lung removed and the bag hauling is tough. Unit is 2 years old and he fired it up when I was there. He put 4.5 tons through it only and showed me the log. The unit looked great. It was running and I was there for a few cycles.

Status
Not open for further replies.