Has anyone burned Magic Spark Pellets?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought some today. For $175 seemed like a good price. Suppose to be same as pro pellet which seemed o.k. From my limited pellet burning. First year burning 100% pellets. Usually mostly corn but price too high this year.

Bag says 8100 btu/lb

Tim

harttj is correct....they are the same pellets as ProPellet. Decent pellet, IMO.

At that price, I'd load-up.

I burned a few bags last year. They were almost as hot as somersets in my stove. Can't comment on ash, my multi-fueler just eats up the ash and spits it out. I just bought 60 bags worth, if that helps. Check closely for somersets. Sometimes they have both, sometimes only Magic sparks. Either way, if you have the cash and room, I'd stock up.

Thanks for the info guys. I love the Somersets but the store was just carrying the Magic Spark, I bought two bags and the other day just cleaned the the stove and the exhaust and combustion blower and flue real good, might fire her up tonight just for a test.

I burned a couple of tons of Magic Sparks early last year and thought they were great. Pretty close to Somersets in all regards.

I burned a ton last year...Good pellet, but I am holding out for Somerset's. The sale at Menard's runs through Sunday and I hope to get six ton or so by then.

Did your door glass stay clean like the Somersets?

Didn't notice the glass having much mure dirt with the Magic's. I have to clean mine every week no matter what, but it seems the higher I set the stove, the less soot I get on the glass. Sorry, not much help!

==c I really do love those Somersets but so does everybody else and maybe it drove the price up to the point where Menards didn't bid on them. Talked to the manager at Menards in Toledo, Ohio and he said they couldn't get a good price on the Somerset so they opted and bought a bunch of Magic Sparks. (Kinda of weird that the ad clearly shows a picture of a bag of Somerset's) So I bought 3 tons of Magic Spark yesterday and put them all away with the help of the girlfriend. Still have 1/2 ton of Somerset and that will take me comfortably thru the winter. Thanks for all the feedback. These forums are great source of info.:)

.....Still have 1/2 ton of Somerset......
Might want to save those for the real cold nights.....a little more BTU than from the Sparks, IMO. (I burned about 30 bags of ProPellets, which are the same pellet as the Sparks)

Status
Not open for further replies.