Has anyone come across a woodstove tool like this?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the exact tool and it came with my Landmann backyard fireplace, the BEST tool I have for the wood stove. Mine is not flat at the 'L' but moves things around nicely. It seems like it is 1/2" rode, bent bacward at the top to make the handle and then at bottom and L is bent, welder would be able to do one in minutes I would think.

I made some of those for the fireplace and our two stoves. For a couple reasons, I liked a slightly different length for each. Just use an acetylene torch to heat up the areas you want to bend. Took me five minutes once I had the torch going. I used some steel rod I had lying around. Round stock some are calling it. Cost me pretty much zero, few pennies for the gas. If you don't have a torch, you probably know someone who does.

Over 30 years ago my Mom and Dad got us a high end fireplace tools with stand...we've never used it preferring the simple bent poker and shovel. But it has been on display all this years off to the side in the back of the stove where the wife hangs her gloves on the 'thongs'.

Well a couple of days ago it was 20° when one of the re-burner tubes fell out again. No way was I going to let the fire go out this time to re-set it so I garbed those lonely tongs...layed on my side and in a few seconds the tube was replaced. Like my daddy always said ...

...'with the right tool you can do any job'.

4178481701_830aa6ab54.jpg

Got the exact poker/rake with a round outside fireplace. It came with the fireplace. Very simple and useful foor sure. Had a chimney sweep once ask if he could buy it some years ago.

I bought one of the fireplace tool kits at Walmart for $30. Has some tongs and a crap broom, but the poker gets used daily and I'm sure the shovel will work well when I go to clean the stove out.

Status
Not open for further replies.