Has anyone ever bought a PE online from the chimmey sweep co. online

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokey beaver

Oct 25, 2008
ohio
Has anyone out there ever bought from this company online are they good , or is this a scam. did it take you long to get it. we are looking at a pe summit

I think the owner/operator is a forum member here...very unlikely that it's a scam.

Ya gotta watch that Tom Oyen, the chimneysweeponline. His honesty, stove knowledge and top notch service will spoil you. You will start expecting other merchants to be like that. :lol:

There's a few folks that have and I got my stove directly from them. I give them my highest recommendation. It's hard to beat a 100% satisfaction guarantee. They are good folk.

BrotherBart said:
Ya gotta watch that Tom Oyen, the chimneysweeponline. His honesty, stove knowledge and top notch service will spoil you. You will start expecting other merchants to be like that. :lol:

In fairness I need to warn you about Howard "Sweet Child", got a bit of a sweet tooth. He'll suck the candies right out of your pockets. But it's a small price to pay for the good service they offer.

Wow!! If ya can`t trust Tom Oyen, then I guess ya just can`t trust anyone?

Of all the online places you will ever visit. This place is real, and this man works way, way to hard in my opinion.

Used to pm him a few years back, and even on a weekend--would usually get a reply.

IMHO--there is no better place to place your order..

Have you done it yet?

Tom Oyen? You gotta be kidding me! I wouldn't buy a pair of shoelaces from that shyster! He's been in the business about 45 seconds, and doesn't know his butt from a chimney brush. %-P

OK, seriously...if everybody in the world did business the way Tom does business, it would be a much better world. Buy from Tom with complete confidence. Rick

I was in the shop last year asking about lining a chimney, he basically told me that I SHOULD do it myself and save some money. The other 2 dealers in town looked at me like I was an idiot for even considering it. And he was right it was very easy to drop in. So he could have tried to make a buck, but went out of his way to save me a bunch of them.

If PE made a rear exit Summit in red I would be buying one from him myself.
Rob

I ordered from Tom after getting the runaround from places within a hundred mile radius of me. They're top notch.

I was a wee bit skeptical about ordering such a large item from so far away. But, I had zero problems. They communicate well and will let you know when your stove ships and give you a tracking number. My stove shipped pretty quick. I had it in a week or two, but I ordered it back in April. They should be able to give you a good idea of a time line if you call them.

I think he is going to want payment up front, whether that be credit card # or check. That's how it was done when I ordered.

Tom is the kinda guy that could be trusted with small children and little furry animals clamor at his feet. He might even know a thing or two about stoves. ;-)

Jags said:
Tom is the kinda guy that could be trusted with small children and little furry animals clamor at his feet. He might even know a thing or two about stoves. ;-)

Those are all the qualities that set Tom apart from a few of us here. :lol: Rick

Tom is the man!!! i don't even call my stove shop anymore!!!! i call them!!!!!
but then again just about everyone here is good........ even brotherbart with his 18 different stoves!!!! lmao
but rest assured tom will take care of ya..... and so will the summit.........ahhhhhhhhhhhh another summit ..time for a poll!!!

I haven't purchased there, yet... (tempted by a little Hearthstone gas number he has, though). But I have to say that even without seeing all these glowing testimonials, that the ChimneySweepOnline site passed the smell test for me, particularly when I found the 'Sweep's Library' there:

http://www.chimneysweeponline.com/library.htm

No 'scam' site would bother even paying the bandwidth fees for this, let alone put in the hours of writing or gaining the years of experience that rather obviously went into the Sweep's Library. Whoever wrote it is obviously a Stove Geek, and thus OK in my book, and worthy of dealing with.

Plus, what kind of scammer would give his shop dog his own page on his website?

Eddy

Ok out there I placed my order today for my summit pe, you guys really sold me by talking so highly of him . and when I talked to him today I told him all the great things you said, he was truely gratefull I'm sure , He's going to check out what you wrote tonite, he was a very nice guy. I can't wait to get my stove. I will check back with ya when I get the stove up and running to let ya know I'm finally warm I can't wait! :)

smokey beaver said:
Ok out there I placed my order today for my summit pe, you guys really sold me by talking so highly of him . and when I talked to him today I told him all the great things you said, he was truely gratefull I'm sure , He's going to check out what you wrote tonite, he was a very nice guy. I can't wait to get my stove. I will check back with ya when I get the stove up and running to let ya know I'm finally warm I can't wait! :)

Yeah NO SUMMITS GET INSTALLED WITHOUT PICS POSTED!!
you gotta give us the "feeling " again of when we installed ours!!
and welcome!!!
we love our pe stoves!!

Ok i'll send pixs when We get it installed it will probley be about 2 weeks though. So i take it you was excited to , I am I can't wait to get warm my electric blanket been working overtime Lol! :lol: :)

smokey beaver said:
Ok i'll send pixs when We get it installed it will probley be about 2 weeks though. So i take it you was excited to , I am I can't wait to get warm my electric blanket been working overtime Lol! :lol: :)

Sorry 'bout this, but I gots ta ask. Where the heck did you come up with the name "Smokey Beaver"? Every time I see that I bang my head against the desk and my fingers cramp up. Don't ask!!!!!!!

I bought a PE T6 from Tom! No issues what so ever! I paid up front. Stove arrived when Tom said it would. I give 2 thumbs up!

Status
Not open for further replies.