Has anyone got an easy recipe for cranberry and lime sauce?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchip

Minister of Fire
Dec 6, 2010
Broadstone England
We were out shopping this morning and got some sell by date cranberries and limes, as they looked ok.

We always make our own cranberry sauce to go with turkey at Christmas, but on seeing the limes at 10p each, got half a dozen of them as well.

Knowing that cranberries are a food staple in the USA around Thanksgiving and Christmas, we thought someone might have a good idea ;-)

woodchip said:
We were out shopping this morning and got some sell by date cranberries and limes, as they looked ok.

We always make our own cranberry sauce to go with turkey at Christmas, but on seeing the limes at 10p each, got half a dozen of them as well.

Knowing that cranberries are a food staple in the USA around Thanksgiving and Christmas, we thought someone might have a good idea ;-)

I am surrounded by cranberries and rarely eat them ..

http://www.oceanspray.com/Kitchen/Ocean-Spray-Recipes.aspx

Ray

Sounds positively puckery-tart to me. I've never heard of cranberry-and-lime; I always use an orange. That having been said, here's my approach: chop up cranberries in blender or food processor, throw in some washed orange peel, sweeten a bit, then throw in the remainder of the orange. Add orange juice until the texture meets with your approval, put in a covered container and stick it in the frig for a few days. I'd experiment with this, just substitute lime. Cannot stand that canned jelled stuff that is called cranberry sauce. I've also cooked the berries first in a tiny amount of water, until the berries blow up. Now prefer the taste of raw berries that have marinated in the citrus juice for awhile.

I found an amazing taste combo this year for my Thanksgiving leftovers. I sliced breast meat, and served with cranberry sauce, wasabi sauce, and mayo (condiments separate for dipping, not mixed together). It was so good I ended up making another batch of cranberry sauce.

Also, I wouldn't hesitate to throw the cranberries in the freezer if you have extra bags.

You can make wonderful cranberry juice just by boiling the berries and sweetening them.

snowleopard said:
Sounds positively puckery-tart to me. I've never heard of cranberry-and-lime; I always use an orange. That having been said, here's my approach: chop up cranberries in blender or food processor, throw in some washed orange peel, sweeten a bit, then throw in the remainder of the orange. Add orange juice until the texture meets with your approval, put in a covered container and stick it in the frig for a few days. I'd experiment with this, just substitute lime. Cannot stand that canned jelled stuff that is called cranberry sauce. I've also cooked the berries first in a tiny amount of water, until the berries blow up. Now prefer the taste of raw berries that have marinated in the citrus juice for awhile.

I found an amazing taste combo this year for my Thanksgiving leftovers. I sliced breast meat, and served with cranberry sauce, wasabi sauce, and mayo (condiments separate for dipping, not mixed together). It was so good I ended up making another batch of cranberry sauce.

Also, I wouldn't hesitate to throw the cranberries in the freezer if you have extra bags.

You can make wonderful cranberry juice just by boiling the berries and sweetening them.

LOL I was thinking that would make just about anything pucker up! My wife makes homemade cranberry sauces and has used orange and that is actually pretty good but never limes.. Generally anything sweet would probably work better with cranberries..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.