Has anyone had any dealings with this company?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard of 'em...their "About Us" link is pretty much useless so far as trying to learn anything about the "company" is concerned (like...where, if anywhere, they "are"??). That usually steers me away. I doubt they have anything available that I couldn't get from any number of other sources with which I'd be more comfortable. Rick

Never heard of 'em...their "About Us" link is pretty much useless so far as trying to learn anything about the "company" is concerned (like...where, if anywhere, they "are"??). That usually steers me away. I doubt they have anything available that I couldn't get from any number of other sources with which I'd be more comfortable. Rick

I also think its a little odd that if you click on the BBB accredited button it says its not accredited...

Red Alert! Too many other choices for whatever it is I might be looking for. I'd take a pass on this outfit and keep on looking. Rick

Reactions: ScotO
Domain registered last year.

http://www.networksolutions.com/whois-search/baccausa.com

Domain name: BACCAUSA.COM

Registrant Contact:

Eugene Konovalov

Fax:
1672 Ottawa ct
Wheeling, Illinois 60090
US

Administrative Contact:

Eugene Konovalov ([email protected])
+1.8476209989
Fax:
1672 Ottawa ct
Wheeling, Illinois 60090
US

Technical Contact:

Eugene Konovalov ([email protected])
+1.8157045555
Fax:
1672 Ottawa ct
Wheeling, Illinois 60090
US

Name Servers:
ns163.hostgator.com
ns164.hostgator.com

Creation date: 27 Apr 2011 04:10:00
Expiration date: 27 Apr 2014 04:10:00

Reactions: Shadow&Flame
He's located in Illinois, and still using an Russian email address? Stay away!

Whoa now. Walk backwards slow and steady, then run from it. This doesn't look right at all.

Reactions: Shadow&Flame
Give 'em Jags' credit card number & we'll see what happens. :cool:

Yep...saw all the warning signs, but wanted to make sure. First flag were the prices are some of the best around...if it seems like too much of a good deal buyer beware.... Jags doesnt seem like much of a gamblin man...;)

Reactions: Jags
Love this definition from elsewhere on the web:

baccausa - Sicilianisation of English words "back" and "house", as in "out house"; referring to the original location of toilet facilities, usually located in the backyard or rear of the home, at the turn of the century before the advent of indoor plumbing; even used today to refer to any functioning bathroom.

Alternatively, I was thinking it might be "Bacca USA"...? But I'm not curious enough to send an e-mail to Russia. :p

It is Bacca USA...I also learned that it changed its name from OpticaZone.com for some reason.
OpticaZone seemed to be in good standing...but still leery of the place for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.