Has anyone heard of a remote stove top thermometer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

egghead2004

Hearth Supporter
Feb 1, 2006
Charlton, MA
I'm tired of running up and down the cellar stairs to check the temperature on the stove.
I have been looking for a remote thermometer for the stove top. I guess I could rig up a cooking thermometer, but if there is something else out there that is made for a wood stove, i would rather go in that direction.

Set up a webcam.

Shari

You could do something like this, except use some long thermocouple wire so you can locate the box where you want it.
Most of the remote cooking thermometers have a limited temperature range, not high enough for a wood stove.
One is for stove top temp, the other is for internal flue gas temp.
Both of these units were build by me with off the shelf components. They really do work well, both have high temp alarms to warn of over firing.

Attachments

• Picture 169.jpg
    Picture 169.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,048
  • Picture 170.jpg
    Picture 170.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 1,075
I have a remote barbecue thermometer for my OPB something like this would work for any stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.