Has anyone heard of an Olympic Crest stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shweebies

Oct 22, 2008
Central Texas
I am looking at an Olympic crest stove as a 2nd stove for our house. I have never heard of it before, but it looks pretty good. It looks like a Vermont Castings - to me anyways.

Does anyone know about this stove or can give me advice of whether it is a good stove or should keep looking?

Many Thanks!!

You have a Vermont Castings Defiant Parlor Stove copy made in Taiwan. Check the rear fire back as most have cracked by now. If not, take it easy with it and it should give you good service. By the way - not EPA certified so in some states, installing that stove now could be an issue.

Yes, it is a old Defiant copy...almost exactly....

but, some earlier models may have been domestic????? Or something like that. Wasn't it Washington Stove Works from out west?

Attachments

• Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 1,570
Status
Not open for further replies.