Has anyone heard of (HOTSTRAM STRAM 2000)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogbones

Feb 10, 2010
Upstate NY
I found this on craigslist and there calling it a HOTSTRAM is the manufacturer and STRAM 2000 is the model. The add sounds legit, even an offer to see it working, before someone buys it. I googled HOTSTRAM but got nothing. Any Ideas???

bulldogbones said:
I found this on craigslist and there calling it a HOTSTRAM is the manufacturer and STRAM 2000 is the model. The add sounds legit, even an offer to see it working, before someone buys it. I googled HOTSTRAM but got nothing. Any Ideas???

Never heard of it, but that doesn't mean a huge amount... More description of what the item is might be helpful.

One guess that probably won't be very useful in and of itself, is to note that over the years, there have been a lot of different "welding shop startups" where various folks have tried to start their own companies to make OWB's , stoves, and so on, with limited success and short production runs. Quality of both build and design on these has been highly variable, so it is hard to say anything further than that this might be one of those products. An item to be VERY cautious about however, is that if it is a unit that you would want to install in a dwelling, like a stove or furnace, and especially a boiler, is that any code officials and / or insurance companies are going to INSIST on the unit having appropriate UL or equivalent certification labels, with clearances, and also a manual or other documentation... If you don't have these, you are going to have a hard time getting an install "blessed" by the appropriate people, no matter how good the unit is otherwise. Outdoor units like an OWB are less likely to have problems of that sort, but may run into pollution regs, and other such rules...

For better or worse, our government and insurance regs have essentially outlawed modern attempts at getting into the wood burning business as a startup entrepreneur...

Gooserider

BioHeat Sales Guy said:
people call here all the time asking for parts for their TRAM boiler! And there was a Tarm model 2000 some years ago. Maybe that's what he's got?

Good thought, that hadn't occurred to me! Thanks for the suggestion, as it would mean that aside from the age of the unit, it could be a nice quality item...

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.