has anyone heard of Lenox solar panels for hw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not that specific brand, but there were a lot of people jumping into the solar market back then as a solar panel seemed like an easy thing to construct. I picked up a solar panel that came off a public school when they redid their roof. Mine was built by a short lived division of a government aerospace contractor around these parts. I have looked it over and noticed a few differences between it and a modern solar collector. The tube spacing seemed to be a bit wide for good efficiency and it had double pane glass that had a broken seal allowing it to haze over like an old patio door. It was also heavy as hell and I decided it wasn't worth the trouble to shlep it up to the roof. I still have it and may lay it out in the backyard one day to see what it will do.

If it was ever installed, it may have corrosion issues or other problems that may not make it worthwhile. If they are cheap enough, you won't have much to lose other than your time. They might last long enough to allow you to pay off the other parts you need to put togther to make a system. Then you can spring for the new panels when the time is right.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.