Has anyone heard of Liberty Bricks

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timothyjok

Jun 25, 2008
Western MA
I contacted BT Enterprises in Bristol CT for a price quote on BioBricks. They wrote back that they do not have BioBricks but have Liberty Bricks instead. Google turned up no info

I called BT a couple of weeks ago and they told be about Liberty Logs too. I looked for info on them too but didn't have any luck. I'd be interested to find out if anyone has experience with this product.

Sounds like a renamed French product. Maybe it's from Quebec. :cheese:

DenD said:
I called BT a couple of weeks ago and they told be about Liberty Logs too. I looked for info on them too but didn't have any luck. I'd be interested to find out if anyone has experience with this product.

I'd like to know as well. Anyone heard of these?

I just received an email from BT Enterprises and the name of them is Liberty Blocks, they are supposed to be bigger than Biobricks, but made just the same. Anyone used these or heard of them? A Google search turns up nothing!

I'm guessing here, but theyare probably made with the same manufacturing machinary as envi blocks.... compressed sawbust like bio bricks and a tad bigger.

the real question is what they are using for sawdust?

but I'd go for it.

Okay, I just ordered 4 pallets, so I hope they are good! BT said that 90% of their customers are ordering them and not waiting for Biobricks to be available. All feedback they have gotten so far has been good on them and a pallet of Liberty blocks is supposed to be a couple hundred pounds heavier than a pallet of Bios. Got to store them inside though, but the same thing for Bios.

brewerpete said:

the real question is what they are using for sawdust?

Hmmm, and BGreen suggested they might be re-named French products. I bet they are made out of taters!

toonjie said:
Okay, I just ordered 4 pallets, so I hope they are good! BT said that 90% of their customers are ordering them and not waiting for Biobricks to be available. All feedback they have gotten so far has been good on them and a pallet of Liberty blocks is supposed to be a couple hundred pounds heavier than a pallet of Bios. Got to store them inside though, but the same thing for Bios.

How much were they? How much to deliver to New Fairfield?

Can anyone comment on burning these compared to real wood?

NF CT said:
toonjie said:

They were $255 a pallet. 4 pallets delivered to New Fairfield was $156

toonjie said:
NF CT said:
toonjie said:

They were $255 a pallet. 4 pallets delivered to New Fairfield was $156

Holy smokes!!! Whats the matter guys??? Dont trees grow in you neck of the . . . .ah never mind :bug:

Cost is similar to a C/S/D cord... The whole "no bugs, no mess" thing is a nice bonus.. I'd consider getting bricks in the future.. not that I don't enjoy carrying and stacking multiple cords ;)

I hope someone post a pic.

I'll definitely post a pic when they arrive, which will be September 25th. They are supposed to be equivalent to a cord and a half; around here a cord is going for $250 and no guarantee you won't get green or shorted!
BT said Liberty Blocks were a mix of hard and soft wood sawdust, just like the Bios.

toonjie said:
I'll definitely post a pic when they arrive, which will be September 25th. They are supposed to be equivalent to a cord and a half; around here a cord is going for $250 and no guarantee you won't get green or shorted!
BT said Liberty Blocks were a mix of hard and soft wood sawdust, just like the Bios.

Thanks in advance for the pic.

Jay777 said:
Cost is similar to a C/S/D cord... The whole "no bugs, no mess" thing is a nice bonus.. I'd consider getting bricks in the future.. not that I don't enjoy carrying and stacking multiple cords ;)

Maybe if thats how much wood costs up where you are at. But $255 for a pallet?? There is no way a pallet is even close to a cord. I can get a cord C/S/D around here for around $70 a cord.

FIREFIGHTER29 said:
Jay777 said:

Maybe if thats how much wood costs up where you are at. But $255 for a pallet?? There is no way a pallet is even close to a cord. I can get a cord C/S/D around here for around $70 a cord.

I think here its 200 to 250 c/s/d.Are there standard count on a pallet like pellets at 50 bags a pallet???????

But then again, I am sure prices have gone up since the last time I priced or bought wood.

I just got an e-mail that said:

Good Afternoon!

Just a quick email to let you know that we are now offering Biomass Brick delivery in your area!

Please contact me here or visit our website www.pelletsales.com for a price quote or to have pricing held for up to one week.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

This is from their website:

Liberty Bricks
Liberty Bricks are made of highly compressed, recycled wood chips and sawdust from the Petersburg, Virginia area sawmills and wood processing facilities. These bricks can be burned in any woodstove, chiminea or fireplace just like regular cordwood. Liberty Bricks (per skid) provide as much heat as a cord of wood without the splitting, hand stacking, mess and bugs. Liberty Bricks also emit half the particulates (smoke) and take up half the space as compared to cord wood, not to mention they are conveniently packaged 10 bricks per bundle (22.5 lbs per bundle / 90 bundles per skid).

The least amount you can buy from them is 2 tons...with delivery by credit card the price was $740.62!! Pelletsales office is located about 20 miles from me but pickup doesn't seem to be an option on this product. I'm guessing they don't stock it there. I was going to buy a ton just to give the wood a little extra time to dry but I think I'll put a heat gun next to the wood pile...too steep for me!

Wow - more New Fairfield folks showing their faces every day!

billb3 said:
pine burns

True, it just doesn't put out the level of BTUs that hardwoods do. I have the pile in the driveway now--I had hoped they could get it closer to my wood shed, but they were worried about power lines. So, I know what I am going to be doing for a while--cutting, splitting (manually), and stacking.

Hey, all!

I smell trouble and I can see the solution clear as day.

A year ago, I burned 2T of BioBricks and fell in love. I own over 70 acres of managed forest and I can no longer cut my own firewood (bad back, carpal tunnel, etc). The business that initially 'turned me on' to BioBricks was (past tense) a BioBricks distributor then, but this year... no. That company couldn't load pallets into my dump truck, so I had to go to a place in Maine to get the 2T which I used. They too are no longer distributing BioBricks.

A few months ago, I decided to setup for the coming heating season, and I discovered the Liberty Brick situation.

Now, the only option I have is to comply with some consortium-like entity who is trying to push Liberty Bricks in place of BioBricks. Maybe I'll bite, maybe not.

I live in NH, I'm seeing that after this freak tornado, we have a surplus of wood and no place to process it into BioBricks. I know there are at least 2 closed pulp mills within 2 hours drive of me. We have the necessary pulp making machinery in the closed paper mills. We have local demand for the (BioBrick) product. We have a glut of raw materials. All we need are the brickmaking presses, some manpower, and the needed time. Anyone know of any capital investment firms?

Seriously, folks... anyone tried these Liberty Bricks??

what happened to bio bricks????

Status
Not open for further replies.