Has anyone noticed the forum software is a bit messed up?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

Spell checker reports no errors when I make plenty and it does not detect them.

When you post, it acts as if It does not receive the submit command. so I have been submitting it twice.

Anyone else notice this behavior?

Yes, the spell checker hasn't been working for me either. The submit seems to be working tho.

Maybe Dylan will make some more frequent appearances. At least to help with the spell check.

elkimmeg said:

When you post, it acts as if It does not receive the submit command. so I have been submitting it twice.

Yeah, you are right. I have to update something...it appears that the spelling checker actually ties in the google for the spell check and that google changed the URL (address) of the service.

The SW company already has an update, so all I need is an extra 1/2 hour and I can fix it.

I hope this next upgrade removes viewing history from the client cookie and puts it into the db. Or at least fixes the viewing history function, too. (That's the dark and light colored thread headers for those interested or having the same problem as Mo.)

Craig, sometimes links like to google spell checker appear as environment variables (or changable parameters tucked away somewhere in the configuration interface). That way you can change them without recompiling or upgrading the binary (whichever the case may be).

elkimmeg said:

"Plenty", Sorry Elk...but that's got to be the biggest understatement of the year on hearthnet. ;-)

I count on the spell checker to clean up my act. If anyone needs it I do. But I will remember your scartastic statement and remember to bust your chops later. Happy fourth everbody.

Status
Not open for further replies.