Has anyone ordered wood pellets from orderpellets.com, based in upstate NY?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sgtgeorge

Dec 12, 2008
LI, NY
Has anyone ordered wood pellets from http://www.orderpellets.com? We did, and got ripped off. No pellets and, according to the owner, no refund because he does not have the funds to give refunds. Anyone else have this situation? I disputed the charge on my credit card with the bank. Hopefully, I will be reimbursed? The actual address for orderpellets.com is 105 Depot St
Pine Bush, NY 12566. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE PEOPLE!

Based on all the pre-order disasters folks have been having, I think the lesson is - never prepay for pellets. Buy pellets only if they are sitting in the store. I am fortunate; in June I bought from a local, respectable and established hardware chain, who told me they had x number of tons sitting in a warehouse an hour or so away, and they could deliver immediately. I gave them my credit card number over the phone, and a couple of days later I had 5 tons delivered right to my cellar door, by a friendly and cooperative driver. So again - I am lucky to be learning from those of you who have been ripped off - I will never prepay, unless far in the future, some really reliable company emerges. Even then, payment upon receipt seems like the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.