Has anyone seen the Pellet Express Systems for transferring wood pellets within your home?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH

Attachments

• WoodPelletVacuumTransfer.jpg
    WoodPelletVacuumTransfer.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 597
why not direct feed it to the stove :)

i'd like that :)

I think it's a neat idea. I've seen the pics before I think someone here has this?

Does anyone here do the bulk pellet thing? I would think it would be a savings as they would not have to be bagged.

This system is just a central vac that's running in reverse. You can find a central vac on craigslist for cheap.

movemaine said:
This system is just a central vac that's running in reverse. You can find a central vac on craigslist for cheap.

It looks like a central vac however central vacs are designed with cyclonic action to trap dirt so reversing the unit would not be the same.

Maybe it could be done with modifications. Removing the filters and maybe some other changes to the inside.

It maybe worth a try? I certainly would luv to see a YouTube video where someone did that and showed it working!!!

The one in the diagram on the left is in our house.

From >> http://home.howstuffworks.com/central-vacuum2.htm

Description
The two main types of central vacuum systems are cyclonic and filtered. According to CentralVacuum.com, the type of system plays a major role in the efficiency and longevity of your central vacuum unit. Whenever you have an appliance (like a vacuum) that collects dirt, some sort of filtration system is needed clean out the debris. What makes a system good is its ability to minimize the debris, while maximizing airflow for vacuum power. The build-up of dirt in the bag or filter over time can be a contributing factor to the eventual breakdown of the machine. You will want to clean the system according to the manufacturer's instructions.

Filtered systems can use a variety of filters such as screen, cloth, foam or paper to clean the air taken in by the vacuum. In any filtered system, filters need to be cleaned and replaced. A cyclonic system uses centrifugal, tornado-like force and gravity to separate the impurities from the air being taken in by the vacuum, and typically deposits the dirt into a canister (although some systems may use a bag).

For the power unit, there are two main things you should consider:

How much power do you need?
Do you want a bag or canister unit?

According to CentralVacuum.com, homes of less than 5,000 square feet (465 square meters) require a power unit of 20 amps or less. If you have a larger home, you'll need a more powerful unit.

The other decision you need to make is whether you would like a bag or canister unit. When you go to empty the dirt receptacle, it will be either a plastic canister or a replaceable bag. Both systems are efficient -- it is simply a personal decision. Would you rather dump and clean the canister or toss a replaceable bag into the garbage? Either way, chances are you will be disposing of debris a lot less often than with traditional portable vacuums.

Attachments

• CentralVacDiagram.jpg
    CentralVacDiagram.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 289
Status
Not open for further replies.