Has anyone seen this pelletmeister? -- storage hopper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH

Attachments

• IMG02054-20120220-1302sc.jpg
    IMG02054-20120220-1302sc.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 961
  • PelletMeister.jpg
    PelletMeister.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 463
Don, You'll still need to fill that hopper. To me(seeing I am the only filler) its double the work. If the wife was also filling? Maybe.

I seen a neat hopper that hung over your stove(I think it was on this site). It had the door right over your hopper lid. Open your hopper lid and Then open the chute door. Close door when hopper was full. It was also vacuum filled. Just vacuum up the pellets from the bag to fill the overhead hopper. The vacuum setup had a way to remove the fines at the same time if I recall correctly! I'll do some digging for the link!

j-takeman said:
Don, You'll still need to fill that hopper. To me(seeing I am the only filler) its double the work. If the wife was also filling? Maybe.

I seen a neat hopper that hung over your stove(I think it was on this site). It had the door right over your hopper lid. Then open the chute door. Close door when hopper was full. It was also vacuum filled. Just vacuum up the pellets from the bag to fill the overhead hopper. I do some digging for the link!

I would like to see that! Sounds more practical!

Attachments

• VacuumFeedPelletSilo.jpg
    VacuumFeedPelletSilo.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 536
Hello

Here is a nice 320 lb pellet storage hopper in real nice maple wood for $1095.00!!

http://maine.craigslist.org/hsh/2876881568.html

Function: By placing the included 15lb pellet bucket [coal bucket] under the center front of the pell-eaze and pulling the handle, pellets begin to pour into the bucket. When full, a simple release of the handle will stop the flow instantly. Pour pellets into your stove until full, and enjoy the warmth and comfort of your pellet stove.

Attachments

• PelletHopperInMapleWood.jpg
    PelletHopperInMapleWood.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 501
First of all, modifying a trash can is no big deal - Seems mighty expensive.
Also, noth of these included a filtering/screening mechanism - I'd just buy a trash can, put an angled screen in the bottom, make an opening that can be close and Voila!

Status
Not open for further replies.