Has anyone tried these for moving air ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
imacman said:
I've never used either model, but have read numerous reports that the Entreeair fans are fairly noisy.

I have an Entree Air fan with a speed control I got at ACE Hardware for Fans. I found if you just turn them down a tad from full speed they will quiet right down!!

Attachments

• PS2PelletStoveAutoHeatDistribution 240sc.jpg
    PS2PelletStoveAutoHeatDistribution 240sc.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 255
  • PS2PelletStoveAutoHeatDistribution 050sc.jpg
    PS2PelletStoveAutoHeatDistribution 050sc.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 261
Well the corner fan isnt quite working. so i grabbed a desk fan and modified it to hang upside down on the door frame. Hopefully this works better or i guess ill have to cut a register in the floor

http://i42.tinypic.com/10fnhvp.jpg

I took the wedge fan down. Too noisy. Found that the little table fan sat on the floor at the base of the stairs blowing cold air toward the stove, and with our six ceiling fans on winter mode, we can heat he whole house and be very comfortable.
To me, the ceiling fans are silent. the table fan is almost silent. The stove hums along, but like someone said, you get use to it and it isn't an issue.

Ok.. I was planning on putting one of those Broan thru the wall fans over the doorway you see in this picture. Looks like some sort of load bearing beam or whatever over the doorway. any suggestions??

Attachments

• P1000911.jpg
    P1000911.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 174
i have the suncourt thru-the-wall fan and its a love hate relationship.

i love that it *really* makes a big difference to even out the house temp.

i hate that its noisy, collects dust and once a month i have to take it out of the wall, air compressor clean it and oil its motor with 3 in 1 oil otherwise it stops.

i'd like a bit more cfm to it as well.

because of the drawbacks, i find i only really use it on the coldest of nights. tonight its gonna be on.

Status
Not open for further replies.