Has anyone used EnerGo to reduce your heating costs?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MishMouse

Minister of Fire
Jan 18, 2008
Verndale, MN
I came across this site wavehomesolutions which has a product called EnerGo which is supposed to increase the efficiency of a forced air heating system.

Does anyone one have experience with this or know of something similar?

If it does what it says and it wouldn't cause any undesirable results aka your house exploding, then it would be worth looking into to.

I have a friend that works in Wisconsin for the power company. I asked him about a similar item and he said, and I quote "Snakeoil"

I was thinking that especially with one of there products that supposedly removes lime scale without the use of a water softener.

Yes, I had actually looked at one of those. The science behind them DOES work, however, they do not do a very good job of removing iron (my biggest problem). This type of system will work for other hardwater issues as I understand BUT, the coil that wraps around your water line would have to be much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.