HAS ANYONE USED FREEDOM PELLETS FROM TSC?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mminton

Jan 12, 2012
Eastern Shore MD
I called my local TSC in seaford DE and they advised they would be getting in a shipment of freedom pellets or old dominions tomorrow. I have never heard of freedom pellets. Has anyone had any experience with them. I tried 2 bags of old dominion before they were good pellets. I heard my local lowes carries green supremes. Are these decent pellets?

Thanks

Matt

If they indeed are Freedom Fuel, I didn't care for those pellets. The pellets were very large, and didn't seem to produce much heat. Probably one of the worst pellets I've ever bought. I cheered with the 5th and last bag was done burning...smoldering might be closer.

So it sound like they are junk. Old dominions are the same price per ton. So I will either get old dominions or premium wood co pellets like I am already burning

So it sound like they are junk. Old dominions are the same price per ton. So I will either get old dominions or premium wood co pellets like I am already burning

I didn't like the Freedom Fuel either. Very low heat output. You really should spent some time on www.woodpelletreviews.com J Takeman, a senior member and well respected on this forum has tested just about every pellet out there today and posted the results on that site.

not junk, but maybe not as good as you can get for a bit more money from somewhere else? Ya get whatcha pay for (usually)!

Harman Lover 007 said:
I didn't like the Freedom Fuel either. Very low heat output. You really should spent some time on www.woodpelletreviews.com J Takeman, a senior member and well respected on this forum has tested just about every pellet out there today and posted the results on that site.

Most of the reviews on that site are done by Rob Anderson(AKA quazi95). My reviews are only under the reviews by jay. Rob has also burn any brands. Just giving credit where credit is due. ;-)

My review for Freedom Fuel is here in the 2010 review.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/60581/#694219

I called my local TSC in seaford DE and they advised they would be getting in a shipment of freedom pellets or old dominions tomorrow. I have never heard of freedom pellets. Has anyone had any experience with them. I tried 2 bags of old dominion before they were good pellets. I heard my local lowes carries green supremes. Are these decent pellets?

Thanks

Matt
I did not have luck with the Freedom pellets. They did not burn nearly as hot in my 25-PDVC as the somerset and would quit burning during the day on heat setting 1.

I just bought 30 bags and think they work pretty well in my Quad. Be aware they make a lot of different types of pellets from softwood, hardwood, and a blend. My advice is to get a few bags and make your own mind up. I got what acts like softwood from HD for under $5 a bag and wish I had bought more. They flew off the shelves here.

Status
Not open for further replies.