Has anyone used the mod 1641 multi-fuel stove from US Stove Company?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the new version of the 6039 model which I have had for two years. It's got some minor twigs but the main upgrade I think is a thermostat. The 6039 is a very good stove that is conducive to tinkering or just running on automatic. It has four setting, heat range, room air, draft and agitator speed.

With a little bit of talent this allows endless combinations for burning anything that will fit through though he the auger. I burn straight pellets in the moderate times of the year. With the temperature dipping to -5C here this week I have started adding 50 per cent corn to the pellets. I may also try some wheat later as some burners are reporting good results.

I paid $1,200 for my 6039 on ebay. I think you can do better than the price shown if you shop around a bit. Any oyther questions just ask.

Stan

my set-up

Stove005.jpg

This is where I bought mine He appears to have one left

http://cgi.ebay.ca/HIGH-TEC-SAVER-C...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27ad9d93f1

This is a 6039 on auction on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.ca/HIGH-TEC-SAVER-C...emQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item27ad9d93f1

I have already purchased the 6041 (not quite the deal you got so I should have shopped around better) but I appreciate the comments. I may look at mixing the corn as well....

Scoop said:
..... It's got some minor twigs but the main upgrade I think is a thermostat.

Yes, I had heard that the upgrade to burning twigs was possible, but it might "leaf" you out in the cold. :lol:

Hunt master,
I have the 6039i (insert). Love my stove. Burns all kinds of pellets and some corn. May finally be getting some good corn at resonable price. The igniter on the 6041 would be what I would want. Be sure to hook up a t-stat to the stove. I paid $1499 for mine at the height of the pellet stove frenzy last year. Only 4 tons through it and one small problem that USStove quickly fixed for free and sent a couple of fan gaskets needed for maintenance cleaning. Nice to see a fellow hunter here! I'll have to check out talk hunting. Welccome aboard here at Hearth. Great folks here you'll like it.

Schoondog

Thanks for the reply, schoondog. I paid $1399 for mine through Tractor Supply and I hope to have it hooked up and running by end of next week. i ran into a few chimney problems but those are almost resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.