Hate it when this happens!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperdave

Minister of Fire
Oct 26, 2010
Michigan's U.P.
I needed a new livewell pump for the fishing boat, as the old one just gave up. After contacts with different dealers, I got fed up enough to visit my original dealer...(the guy that doesn't answer his phone).
I know that $52 isn't the end of the world, but come on...there is nothing to these little pumps!
Next day, I stopped at Wal-mart to get some silicone for the install procedure, sure enough, there were some livewell pumps...$28!

I think that this is the reason why I take so long to make a major purchase...wanting to make sure that there is nothing better and less expensive, you know? (Took me about a year for the log splitter decision!)

You can take a year looking around to pull the trigger and the very next day you are gonna find better, cheaper and delivered sooner. It is some kind of rule of the cosmos. Oh, and somebody will chime in here to tell you that the $52 one was made in the higher quality plant in China. ;lol Rather than the low quality plant in China.

No way. Made in Mexico.

Bought a chop saw, $170ish. Go to the store 2 days later for something else and that same saw is on sale for $99. I ended up returning the one I bought and buying it back.

Same thing happened when we bought a new swing for the deck. 2 weeks later it was marked down $50.00

Status
Not open for further replies.