Hate to say this but shipping is going up...... Bottom line it will raise the price of pellets.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lousyweather said:
iceman said:
Funny thing in another thread I mentioned buying now and someone said wait for the spring buy... I am not saying its not possible, but I don't see many spring prices being much if any cheaper than what we are paying now. with everything going on in the middle east and oil going up I find it very hard for those big boys not to make some extra money as they alwAys do...
then when they predict $5 a gallon for heating oil next winter ... prices will stabilize and drop some after summer

Ice- I think it was me who said to wait a month or so to buy your next years' needs.......still sticking to that, although I have some inside info......I donth think you'll get rich in the savings, but, still feel it will be cheaper, regardless od the current diesel prices........oh, and dont worry, if I'm right, I'll reference this thread, and if Im wrong, well, I'll forget I said it....lol

I dunno if it was you Or not... but I am hoping you are right!... :)

kinsman stoves said:
I was contacted by the shipping company I use to move my pellets. They are awesome, on time delivery, friendly drivers, and great customer service. I have used a lot of companies including some big ones and I have owned a semi myself, I am not Mr. Trucking but I know how the business works.

I was told there will be an increase in the fuel sur charge. This is the first time in 18 months this has happened. So just when you thought the price of pellets was falling, this happens.

Remember fuel is needed to start the chain saw that will drop the first tree to start the pellet making process so fuel is related. If I was a betting man I would not wait for those Summer Buy Programs if you see pellets cheap, grab them.

Eric

Well there is no dust on your crystal ball....perhaps you could help me win the lotto.

pete324rocket said:
kinsman stoves said:
I was contacted by the shipping company I use to move my pellets. They are awesome, on time delivery, friendly drivers, and great customer service. I have used a lot of companies including some big ones and I have owned a semi myself, I am not Mr. Trucking but I know how the business works.

I was told there will be an increase in the fuel sur charge. This is the first time in 18 months this has happened. So just when you thought the price of pellets was falling, this happens.

Remember fuel is needed to start the chain saw that will drop the first tree to start the pellet making process so fuel is related. If I was a betting man I would not wait for those Summer Buy Programs if you see pellets cheap, grab them.

Eric

Well there is no dust on your crystal ball....perhaps you could help me win the lotto.

I am trying myself. Trust me.

iceman said:
Lousyweather said:
iceman said:
Funny thing in another thread I mentioned buying now and someone said wait for the spring buy... I am not saying its not possible, but I don't see many spring prices being much if any cheaper than what we are paying now. with everything going on in the middle east and oil going up I find it very hard for those big boys not to make some extra money as they alwAys do...
then when they predict $5 a gallon for heating oil next winter ... prices will stabilize and drop some after summer

Ice- I think it was me who said to wait a month or so to buy your next years' needs.......still sticking to that, although I have some inside info......I donth think you'll get rich in the savings, but, still feel it will be cheaper, regardless od the current diesel prices........oh, and dont worry, if I'm right, I'll reference this thread, and if Im wrong, well, I'll forget I said it....lol

I dunno if it was you Or not... but I am hoping you are right!... :)

How bout if your right .....hmmmm %off pellets? If I am right %off pellets! That way everyone is happy!
Sounds fair to me...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.