Hate to see them go....but their gone.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smwilliamson

The Stove Guy
Hearth Supporter
Various control boards for all makes and models that I have been keeping for unknown reason. Gone. In the hefty bag. Must have been about 80 of them or so. There may have even been a brand new one in there somewhere but I just cannot deal with the clutter no longer.

Last week it was the combustion motor housings. Tossed at least a hundred of those into the scrap pile.

oh.....and the box of misc screws, nuts and bolts that weighed 120lbs. Yup, that's gone too.

Just thought I'd share.

Various control boards for all makes and models that I have been keeping for unknown reason. Gone. In the hefty bag. Must have been about 80 of them or so. There may have even been a brand new one in there somewhere but I just cannot deal with the clutter no longer.

Last week it was the combustion motor housings. Tossed at least a hundred of those into the scrap pile.

oh.....and the box of misc screws, nuts and bolts that weighed 120lbs. Yup, that's gone too.

Just thought I'd share.

Next time let us know and maybe we can pick them up to make it easier for you?

No pics or it didn't happen. :p

Just kidding.

Actually I know how that feels....I just burned about 200 lbs of various shaped wood cutoffs that have been hanging around the shop for way too long.
It's hard to get rid of those things as someday......never know when.....you might need one of them.
Meanwhile.....they take up space and keep getting moved around, and around, and around......

Spring cleaning always feels good.
Good for you Scott.
---Nailer---

Happens all the time in the shop here at work. Clean up the scrap odds and end and you need one of those things tomorrow !

Just cant look back.

About 10 years ago, I decided to get rid of anything I hadn't needed or used in at least 1 year at home. 1 weekend for the garage, 1 weekend for the shed and 1 weekend for the basement. The guy at the dump thought I was moving ;lol

oh i feel your pain. i just did that with my computer shop. pallets of old wires, adapters, motherboards etc. now that they are gone i dont seem to miss them, besides i really like being able to walk in the place again.

Happens all the time in the shop here at work. Clean up the scrap odds and end and you need one of those things tomorrow !

Just cant look back.

About 10 years ago, I decided to get rid of anything I hadn't needed or used in at least 1 year at home. 1 weekend for the garage, 1 weekend for the shed and 1 weekend for the basement. The guy at the dump thought I was moving ;lol
you were...."moving" on

Next time let us know and maybe we can pick them up to make it easier for you?
Thats just the thing...they look like they would be useful, which is why I kept them....but a couple of years go by and you never need them, not even 1 ...and I have a least a hundred.

Thats just the thing...they look like they would be useful, which is why I kept them....but a couple of years go by and you never need them, not even 1 ...and I have a least a hundred.

Did you see my PM Scott?

Just cant look back.

About 10 years ago, I decided to get rid of anything I hadn't needed or used in at least 1 year at home. 1 weekend for the garage, 1 weekend for the shed and 1 weekend for the basement. The guy at the dump thought I was moving

My kids moved in and out and so on, each time more of their things mixed in with mine in the upstairs of the garage. Then one day they came and dumped the whole place out. The only thing they kept was my old 33.3 record collection. I admit, there were a few things I would have hung onto, but to be honest, I don't miss any of it. My next cleaning mission is to clear the attic out of everything. I am getting too old to climb up that pull down ladder. I pulled cases of canning jars out of there last year. They were wrapped in newspapers dated in the mid 80's. ;em

Status
Not open for further replies.