Hatfields vs McCoys

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steam man

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2008
Northern Maine
This is what putting an outdoor wood boiler in a residential neighborhood can come to. Millinocket was leading the charge on limiting OWB useage because of this incident. I spoke at that town hearing. The boiler owner has actually installed a really high stack and now meets code. I'll try to get pictures of it. I've talked with the OWB owner about some changes he needs to make but apparently its too little too late. I also spoke with another person who wanted to install a wood boiler on a large plot of land he was developing for his retirement. I wanted him to seriously look at an indoor gasifier and told him to study this site. I got beat out by a smoke dragon dealer who sold him on an out dated OWB design. He'll be sorry when he has to cut 20+ cords of wood a year during retirement.

http://bangornews.com/detail/98456.html

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.